Wednesday 12 July 2017

So where to from here?

“For a star to be born, there is one thing that must happen:
a gaseous nebula must collapse.
So collapse.
Crumble.
This is not your destruction.
This is your birth.”
~ Zoe Skylar
When the hound died, my world as I knew it crumbled.
It exploded into a myriad of pieces that won’t ever fit back together.
I feel like the joy has been sucked out of life.
Even though I know in reality it hasn’t.
Moving forward without the hound’s daily presence is difficult.
I wasn’t going to write a blog again.
Exploring my thoughts and feelings through the medium of  the written word 
and my photographs though has become integral to who I am.
So this is me again.
A little frayed around the edges.
A little wiser.
Sometimes fragile.
But growing in strength with every adversity I overcome.
So where to from here?
I know that I NEED to ramble.
There’s no getting away from it.
With or without the hound, I have to ramble.
It’s Mother Nature’s way of restoring some sanity to a very lost soul.
Wether it be long walks before the world wakes up
or exploring new rambles on my day off,
I know I have a need to walk.
Even on the cold winter mornings.
Even when the heavens are sending down a torrent of water.
Rambling is essential for my soul.
As is capturing the beauty of what I see.
The hound might not be here in physical form anymore
but I feel her with me everyday.
So rambling will continue
Sharing this new journey will continue.
Life will continue to challenge and provoke.
I wouldn't want it any other way.
“The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.” 
~ Dan Pearce

No comments:

Post a Comment