Sunday 27 August 2017

The Universe is giggling

It's almost done!
The 100 Days project that is.
When it started in May I was struggling to see a way forward.
The hound had just died and rambling each morning without her 
demanded a commitment and perseverance that I didn't think I had.
Finding something of beauty to post each day,
in honour of her memory,
was even more of a challenge.
But the 100 Days is almost done and dusted
and I can honestly say it has been a thought provoking and very necessary journey.
Looking back on the images I’ve posted 
and the thoughts that have accompanied them, 
takes me on an emotional ride. 
I hadn’t realised how palpable the grief was.
So much of what I see and photograph reminds me of my girl.
Some mornings I sought isolation.
Others I craved a physical presence.
There were mornings when, no matter the weather,
everything appeared bleak
It’s been a hard road, 
but an enlightening one.
There have been so many light bulb moments.
When I’ve known without a doubt that I’ve taken a step forward.
In the right direction.
Last week at Muriwai was one of these moments.
It started with a quotation from ‘the wise one’
“If you’re really listening, if you’re awake to the poignant beauty of the world, 
your heart breaks regularly.
In fact your heart is made to break;
it’s purpose is to burst open again and again 
so that it can hold even more wonders.”
~ Andrew Harvey
And ended with an arbitrary man and his dog.
A windswept man, with a rucksack on his back, 
and a wet, bedraggled happy hound bouncing along at his side.
The contentment they shared was tangible.
I felt it.
I know, without a doubt now, that there WILL be another dog in my life
... despite my protestations to the contrary.
I need another 4-legged rambling companion.
It would never replace the hound but would add its own kind of magic to my day
The hound would have approved of that.
Now is not the right time though.
There is too much happening and SO much planned for next year.
I know from past experience though, 
that life has an agenda of it’s own.
And the Universe giggled again.
“It is being honest about my pain that makes me invincible.” 
~ Yield
Follow this link to see all the images used in my !00 Day Project
100 Days Project - Carol Jardine


1 comment:

  1. It was an amazing journey. Thank you for taking us with you ♡

    ReplyDelete