Friday 11 August 2017

Slip-sliding ...

So, as I slip-slide,
 not always very graciously
into this post-hound chapter of life 
I feel strangely empowered.
This grieving HASN’T just been about the hound..  
There has been SO much of change over the last 6 years.  
Time to grieve and process it whilst it was happening wasn’t always possible.  
The death of the hound has bought all that grief to the fore.
It’s forced me to confront it.
And to acknowledge it.
So much of what was supposedly important no longer has an impact on my life. 
That’s strangely liberating.
And scary.     
It’s only when I stop and think about where I’m at now though
that I realise how far I’ve come.
The past hasn’t dictated my future.
Far from it.
I cannot stand still though because the world keeps turning.
There is ALWAYS change.
It’s everywhere.
New faces.
New tears to shed.
New joys to invest in.
More edges to fray.
Every moment is precious.
I don’t intend to waste any of them.
That circle of love the hound embraced me with isn’t broken.
It’s just expanded.
“You see, it is the love with which you do things that radiates;
it is not the things that you do. 
~ The law of one.

No comments:

Post a Comment